Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Fun

I Love Fall! It is by far my most favorite season of the year: I love the crunchy sound leaves make when you step on them; the brisk air; the changing colors of the leaves; weather that is appropriate for a t-shirt or a comfy sweater; Halloween costumes and trick-or-treating; pumpkin carving; pumpkin pie and so much more! One fun fall activity was making the drive to my Aunt Diane's Dad's farm in American Fork. He plants a pumpkin patch for his children and grandkids to pick from. It was a beautiful fall day as we took a short walk out to the patch.

Landon found himself a beautiful white pumpkin.

Tanner found himself handful upon handful of dirty dirt. Most of which ended up in his mouth.

Landon's Jack-O-Lantern took a sinister turn and became a Hungry Pumpkin Monster. Nothing like a tasty dinner of Pumpkin Skish-ka-Bob!


Chloe's Jack-O-Lanterns went the cannibalistic route as well this Halloween!

She decided to get in on the action. Watch out tiny punkin fish--you're surrounded!

Who knew a dinner of Baked Bloody Rats would throw our family into such a haunting tailspin? While I thought the ooey-gooey, cheesy, meaty rats were gonna be a great hit with the fam, the kids really didn't think so. I ended up eating mine (with mashed potatoes) downstairs alone in my bedroom while the kids grossed out, complained, freaked out, sulked, etc...
I mean, really, I thought they were kinda adorable.

Don't you?

6 comments:

Becky said...

I'll take a rat! Those are awesome!

Amanda and Steve said...

Those are cute! And I think that's hilarious about how grossed out the kids were by them. I can only imagine the mood the kids must have put you in to send you to your bedroom by yourself. Those pumpkins are so stinkin' cute! How creative! (baby fish, doo, doo, doo, doo)

Amanda said...

I've eaten a dinner alone in my room also, but it was my husband that was whining and complaining!
Your little Landon is getting so big!

Stef said...

Ewww... I don't know if I could eat one of those, although it is such a creative idea :) What cute pumpkins! We still haven't carved ours, I guess there's tomorrow. Fall is my favorite time of year too!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

I do love the pumpkins - they look awesome. The rats on the other hand.... I don't think I could have done it. Take off the eyes and ears and I'm sure I could have... what is it made out of?

Amber and Eric said...

You know how much I love fall and Halloween! I think the bloody rat dinner is awesome! And those pumpkins are great!