Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waddle it be?

I am blessed to be able to work part time outside of the home at Kids On The Move. It is wonderfully rewarding work and I have made life long friends there as well. My co-workers are awesome, supportive and really, really fun people. Today Aubrey outdid herself and made this adorable gender reveal cake so we could share the news with our friends. It was not only so terribly cute but tasted totally delicious. Aubrey has been a true "tender mercy" in my life these past few weeks and it felt so good to celebrate this pregnancy and this new little life. I've really struggled physically for that last 12 weeks and have felt worn out mentally and spiritually as well sometimes. Somehow cutting into a delightfully cute duck cake crafted by a good friend to celebrate our new little GIRL helped me remember the joy and miracle in my life!

Take a look at her pictures of the cake and the reveal here.

10 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray for a baby girl! Couldn't be happier for you. And what a cute way to share the news!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

SO cute! Aubrey always out-does herself :) Still so happy and excited for you. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Kendal and Alissa said...

WAHOO!!! I have such a tender heart for girls (it may be because that's all I know), but I love them anyways. So excited for you! I was serious about taking me up on anytime you'd like a little break:)

The Mathews Family said...

Woot! So, so, so happy for you guys. What a cute cake! And I love the cute preggo picture of you on the link. I want to see more! :o)
-Jessica

Aubrey said...

you're so sweet. i loved every second of it especially the pink part.

Amanda said...

Jessica! I am so totally astounded and thrilled! Congratulations!

Clarissa Grover said...

I KNEW it! Yay, yay, yay! I loved seeing the baby bump picture, too. I was just telling Brandon that I wanted to see pics of you pregnant. Thanks to Aubrey for posting one and for being such a great friend. Another girl... just what the Edwards' need, right?

Amber and Eric said...

So so so excited for you guys! Cute cake and super cute pregnant picture. Love you guys!

emy said...

love the cake. I'm so happy for you two.

Other Mother said...

I'm so excited for you! YAY for squishy babies!