Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Must Count Blessings

I've started feeling awfully sorry for myself again. I make for a terrible sick person. So, I am going to name some blessings one by one and see if I can't give myself a little boost.

  • The countdown truly is on. It's July 31st and this baby is due on August 17th. That is not even three weeks away. After enduring this pregnancy for 8 months, it is truly going to end soon.
  • I will have a new daughter. I am anxious to meet her. My heart is full of love for her already. She is definitely something special.  I am really happy to be at this point emotionally where I can start to celebrate her. And why wouldn't I? Having Chloe as a daughter has been a blessing and gift beyond measure and now I will get to mother another daughter of God.
  • I'm not doing this alone. I have a wonderfully patient husband who understands his role as my husband and a father. He contributes in ways that have made this journey possible and kept our little family safe and happy. He has even managed to weather the storms of my emotional rages these last many months, which haven't been few!
  • I have three gorgeous children who were carried, nurtured and loved by three amazingly selfless young women. That I am a mother and brought home those children to love, kiss, and squeeze while they said goodbye and grieved is indescribable. 
  • My two year old plays with my hair between his fingers and says "I love you, Mommy."
  • My six year old comes to give me a hug each and every morning.
  • My nine year old is growing into a sweet and kind young woman that I adore only more each and every day.
  • I have felt the power of prayer sustaining me throughout this journey. I wasn't always quick to notice it, but there are many who have pleaded with the Father on my behalf (some close friends and others practically strangers) and I know this is one reason I have managed to wake up each morning despite having felt such despair the evening before. I am so grateful for each of you! 

2 comments:

Randi A. said...

I love you!

Other Mother said...

I sure love you a whole lot! Beautiful blessings, thanks for sharing :)